We all need to have a chocolate cookie recipe ready for entertaining emergencies. I did a bit of recipe browsing before putting this together. This recipe probably has a bit less sugar than most. Makes about 23 cookies.
120 grams butter (softened)
50 grams granular sugar
100 grams brown sugar
1 egg (room temp)
235 grams flour
2 grams salt
3 grams baking soda
200 grams chocolate chips
75 grams chopped walnuts
1. Mix the butter with a whisk until softened. Add in the sugars and mix. Add the egg.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, & baking soda.
3. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture. Use a spatula to mix together. Add in chips and chopped nuts.
4. If you have time, put the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so it becomes firm.
5. Roll dough into small balls & put on baking sheet - I made each piece 25 grams in size.
6. Bake at 170 Celsius for about 20 minutes.
Keep dough pieces the same size so that the cookies bake evenly together