I just needed a bit of home, can't find chewy, raisiny oatmeal cookies in Japan. Actually, good old Quaker oats is quite difficult to find - I miss that pot-bellied happy old man.
170 grams softened butter
210 grams brown sugar
105 grams flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
260 grams oatmeal
200 grams raisins
1. Mix the butter with a whisk until softened. Add in the sugar and mix well. Add the egg.
2. In another bowl, whisk the flour, salt & baking soda.
3. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture. Use a spatula to mix together. Add in the oatmeal - then add raisins.
4. If you have time, put the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so it becomes firm.
5. Roll dough into small balls and put on a baking sheet. I made each piece about 25 grams in size.
6. Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes.