|Pumpkin cheese cake topped with crumble|
I love the taste of pumpkin in anything, especially ice cream! Today I tested a new recipe for pumpkin cheesecake.
I use frozen pumpkin puree since I think the canned puree has too much water and not enough taste. Please use whatever is available in your neighborhood.
50 grams unsalted butter (cold)
15 grams almond powder
15 grams egg
100 grams flour
1 gram baking powder
2. Sift in the powdered sugar, almond powder and baking powder. Mix using spatula or pastry card. Add in the egg and mix.
3. Put on a board and use the heal of your hand to mix everything to ensure it is a smooth texture. Do no not handle dough too much since it will get soft very quickly
4. Shape into a ball and flatten. Cover with plastic and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour or so before rolling out.
160 grams pumpkin puree
100 grams fresh cream (about 36%)
250 grams softened cream cheese
3 egg yolks
80 grams sugar
10 grams corn starch
26 grams flour
Cinnamon, ground cloves & nutmeg to taste
1. In a bowl, mix the egg & egg yolks together.
2. Soften the cream cheese in bowl then add the sugar and mix well so that the cream cheese is not lumpy.
3. Sift the flour and cornstarch together and add to above - mix well using a spatula
4. Add the egg to the cream cheese mixture - add in portions and mix well. Use a spatula or small whisk. The batter should begin to become more liquid-like. Add the cream gradually while mixing. Add the pumpkin puree and spices.
5. Use a bar mix for a few minutes to remove any remaining lumps.
|The crumble adds a tasty addition|
32 grams almond powder
45 grams brown sugar
34 grams butter
1. Mix all dry ingredients and then use your fingers to mix in the butter.
1. Roll out the pie dough on a baking sheet and place the baking ring on top of it. Cut off the excess dough on the outside. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes and then pour in the cheesecake filling. Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes and then remove from the oven and sprinkle the crumble on top. Put back in the oven and bake for 35 minutes (use a toothpick to check if done).
3. Cool for about 20 minutes before removing the ring. Use a knife to loosen the inside area of the cheesecake before pulling off the ring.
|This is the pumpkin puree I used for baking|