|Fresh carrots add to the moistness of this cake|
Also, when the cake is topped with a sweet cream cheese icing then reducing the sugar in the cake helps keep the sugar in check.
I'm not saying this is a diet cake, but just a few hints to save extra calories.
230 grams flour
90 grams brown sugar
180 grams minced carrot (use food processor for chopping)
50 grams raisins
60 grams chopped walnuts
60 grams reduced fat salad oil
20 grams honey
50 grams fresh cream
1 teaspoon each of ginger powder, cinnamon and quatre epices
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cut the carrots and put in a food processor for chopping.
2. Mix the eggs and sugar well. Slowly add the oil and mix with a whisk. Add in the cream & honey.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, and spices together. Add to #2 above. Use a spatula to mix together.
4. Pour into the baking pan (first lightly butter and flour the inside of the pan). Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 - 25 minutes.
Cream Cheese Icing:
100 grams cream cheese
25 grams butter (soft)
60 grams powdered sugar
1. Whip together the cream cheese and butter using a whisk or hand mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and continue to mix.
2. Add some flavoring such as ginger powder or lemon to give the icing an extra flavor boost.