|This finished product with prep materials|
I have discovered Popovers! I tried making these a couple of years ago and must have had a bad recipe and they did not turn out well at all. This last week had to make popovers for a demonstration on a TV program and this time around they were much improved.
There are just a couple important points which ensure a successful batch of popovers everytime which I will share.
The recipe only has 4 ingredients so can't get much simpler than that.
(from Martha Stewart)
Have all of the ingredients at room temperature before combining! You can put the milk in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up if necessary.
Prepare the baking cups. Metal is preferred to paper. Ligthly butter and flour the inside of each cup.
220 grams (1 1/2 cups) milk
180 grams (1 1/2 cups) flour
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix together the eggs and milk. Mix together with a whisk for 2 - 3 minutes until everthing is well combined.
3. Mix the flour/salt mixture into the milk mixture in portions using a whisk. Stir for 2 - 3 minutes until everthing is well combined. Do not over mix.
4. Heat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius and place the cups into the oven for about 6 minutes so that they are hot! The butter will become a little browned.
5. After heating the cups, pour the mixture into the cups about 1/3 full and return to the oven. Bake at 210 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes then reduce to 170 degrees Celsius for another 20 minutes to bake further. Do not open the oven while baking since the air will be released.
6. When finished baking, immediately remove from the baking cups and poke with a toothpick to release the air.
These are best eaten while they are warm. Enjoy!!
|Marmalade goes very well with the Popovers|
|Baking together with new friend from NHK|