|Voila -- the finished product!!|
60 grams almond powder
60 grams flour
100 grams unsalted butter
120 grams egg white
100 grams brown sugar (super fine)
4 grams freshly grated ginger
Small pieces of nuts for topping - pine nuts and walnuts
- Heat the butter in a saucepan until it becomes lightly browned. The butter goes thru several stages of bubbly to browning. Be careful since the butter can burn very quickly! When finished, put in a bowl and let it cool.
- Sift the almond powder, flour & brown sugar flour together.
- Whip the egg whites until they are stiff - add about 1 teaspoon granular sugar half way through the process to get the egg whites nice & stiff.
- Add the almond powder mixture to the egg whites. Use a spatula to mix together. Add the browned butter and mix well.
- You can either use financier molds or other small containers for baking. Fill each container about 90% full and top with a couple of pieces of walnuts and pine nuts.
- Bake at 200 degrees (Celsius) for about 20 minutes.
|Browned butter on the right side|
|Traditional financier pans - buttered & floured|
|Sprinkle nuts on top before baking|