|Always good to compare recipes before starting|
75 grams unsalted butter (cold)
45 grams powdered sugar
20 grams almond powder
25 grams egg
125 grams flour
1 gram baking powder
- Put flour in a bowl and lightly whisk it to add air. Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour. Use a pastry cutter to mix in the butter. Can also use fingers to mix in the butter - should be blended well.
- Sift in the powdered sugar, almond powder and baking powder. Mix using spatula or pastry card. Add in the egg and mix.
- Put on a board and use the heal of your hand to mix everything to ensure it is a smooth texture. Do no not handle dough too much since it will get soft very quickly.
- Shape into a ball and flatten. Cover with plastic and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour or so before rolling out.
|Put in frig before using|
250 grams soft cream cheese
80 grams granular sugar
100 grams fresh cream (36%)
25 grams flour
10 grams cornstarch
1 egg and 2 egg yolks
Zest of 1 lemon
5 grams Lemoncello liquor (or similar liquor)
20 grams lemon curd (for spreading on the cheesecake after baking)
- Add the lemon zest to the fresh cream. In a bowl, mix the egg & egg yolks together.
- Soften the cream cheese in bowl then add the sugar and mix well so that the cream cheese is not lumpy.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together and add to above - mix well using a spatula.
- Add the egg to the cream cheese mixture - add in portions and mix well. Use a spatula or small whisk. The batter should begin to become more liquid-like. Add the cream gradually while mixing. Add in the liquor.
- Use a bar mix for a few minutes to remove any remaining lumps.
|This zester is great - you'll never use anything else|
|Use a bar mix to smooth the batter|
Putting things together
- Roll out the dough so that it fits to a round pan. Cover the inside with baking paper and add baking beans. Bake at 160 degrees (Celsius) for 30 minutes. Remove the baking beans and paper and bake for another 15 minutes (don’t let it become too dark).
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the cooked pie crust and bake at 160 degrees (Celsius) for 30 - 40 minutes depending on your oven. Remove from the oven when the top is lightly browned.
- Cool after removing from the oven. Lightly warm the lemon curd and brush on top.
|Pre-bake the pie shell using the 'beans'|
|The lemon curd adds the finishing touch|
|The perfect piece of cheesecake|