Some lovely chocolate decorated cookies.
Chocolate Cookie Recipe
(recipe adapted from LilaLoa)
125 grams unsalted butter
15 grams shortening
100 grams sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 grams baking powder
30 grams cocoa powder
190 grams flour
1. Mix the butter and shortening with a small whipper until well mixed. Add the sugar and mix well. Should be smooth.
2. Add the egg in portions to above and mix well.
3. Add the vanilla, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder (sift the cocoa powder) to the above. Mix well.
4. Sift the flour and to the above - mix in portions. Can use a spatula to mix together.
5. Knead lightly so that it is well mixed. Flatten and cover with plastic. Put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using.
6. Dough will be stiff when you start to use it, but be careful since it will soften quickly.
7. Roll dough and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 170 Celsius for about 20 minutes (ovens vary so check cookies periodically).
8. Cool before decorating.