|A tasty addition to any dinner party|
The onions on top on this tart are slowly fried to bring out the sweetness in them. They top a tasty dough made with olive oil and then baked. The black olives added after baking give just the right amount of saltiness and tang to this tart.
150 grams flour
5 grams baking powder
1 egg yolk
50 grams water
3 grams salt
35 grams olive oil
4 large onions thinly sliced for the filling
1. Mix the egg yolk & water.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Add the egg mixture to the flour. Mix with a spatula. Add the olive oil.
3. Mix the dough with your hands to mix well. Cover with wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before using.
4. Thinly slice the onions and put in a large frying pan on medium heat with some olive oil for frying. Stir often while cooking. You can add a little bit of water if the onions become too dry. The onions should cook until lightly browned and very soft.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured board and place inside a tart ring. Cover the dough with cooking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for about 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Remove the cooking paper and baking beans. Fill with the onion mixture. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes.
7. Slice some black olives and decorate the tart before serving.