|Bread is ready - bring on dinner!|
This roll is made with milk instead of water which gives it a rich flavor. Adding a whole egg to the recipe also adds the right amount of softness.
This recipe makes about 8 rolls of 50 grams each.
210 grams bread flour (sifted)
4 grams instant yeast
3 grams salt
22 grams butter
120 grams milk (room temperature)
extra butter for brushing on top
|Add the butter to the dough|
1. Mix the milk and egg together. In a bowl, combine the flour, yeast, & salt. Add the milk mixture and use a dough scraper to mix.
2. Put the dough on a flat surface to knead for about 10 minutes. Roll into a ball and cover with a bowl for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the bowl and then add the butter to the dough. Use the dough scraper to cut the butter into the dough. Knead the dough until the butter is well mixed. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
4. If the dough feels stiff, add a little milk and knead again.
5. Roll into a ball and put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for about 90 minutes.
|Dough is ready to start the rising process|
7. Flatten & re-roll each ball. Put on a baking sheet. Brush each ball with butter. Cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place.
8. Rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 - 25 minutes or until browned.
|Measure all ingredients before starting|
|Brush with butter before the 2nd rising|
Use a small rolling pin to make a crease in the middle