|Mini baked custard apple tarts|
If you don't want to go to the trouble to make the mini tarts, you can always adjust and bake in one tart pan. If friends are coming over, the mini tarts makes the pies look extra special.
This recipe makes 10 mini tarts or one large 20 cm tart.
Dough175 grams flour
90 grams cold butter (unsalted)
25 grams almond powder
70 grams powdered sugar
pinch of salt
35 grams eggs
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes and mix with the flour using a pastry cutter (use a food processor if you have one). Butter should be well mixed with the flour.
2. Sift the powdered sugar and almond powder and add to #1 and mix with the pastry cutter. Add in the egg and mix well.
3. Shape dough into a ball and cover in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using. This dough becomes soft very quickly so do not handle too much when rolling out.
4 medium to large size apples
1. Peel and slice the apples. Put 1 tablespoon of butter into a frying pan and lightly cook the apples for about 10 minutes until they just lightly soft. Drain the liquid and put into a bowl when finished cooking.
250 grams milk
1/2 vanilla bean stick (remove the inside of the vanilla bean or use vanilla essence)
60 grams sugar
50 grams egg yolk
25 grams flour (sifted)
25 grams butter
25 grams fresh cream (36%)
|Roll dough to fit tart pans|
Fill with apple slices
50 grams raisins
1. Combine the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl and mix with a whisk. Add in the flour and mix. Put the milk in a sauce pan with the vanilla bean filling and heat until just boiling. Add milk to the egg mixture and stir then pour back into the sauce pan and heat until it becomes thick. Mix with the whisk while heating. After it becomes like custard consistency, remove from the heat and add the butter.
2. Pour into a bowl and cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Mix the fresh cream and 2 eggs in a bowl. Add to #2 above and add in the raisins. Mix with a whisk.
1. Roll out the dough and cut to fit the min tart pans. Fill each pan with slices of apples.
2. Pour the custard mixture over the apples.
3. Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes until well browned.
|Cover apple slices with the |
|Dessert is ready!|