|This recipe is similar to pound cake|
but it is filled with vegetables
If you need a good idea for something tasty to accompany a soup or salad, this pound cake filled with veggies is the answer. Of course, it is not as sweet as the usual pound cake but the process for making it is the same.
I used chopped carrots, eggplant, red pepper and zucchini for this cake.
Fits 1 pound cake pan
125 grams flour
5 grams baking powder (sift together with the flour)
100 grams butter (softened)
3 eggs mixed
30 grams sugar
pinch of salt
zest of 1 orange
zest of 1 lemon
50 grams chopped & cooked carrots
50 grams chopped and fried zucchini
50 grams chopped and fried eggplant
50 grams chopped and fried red pepper
1. Prepare the loaf pan by either lining with baking paper or lightly butter and flour it.
2. Mix the butter in a bowl with a whisk. Gradually add the eggs in portions. Add the sugar and continue to mix with a whipper. Add in the flour and salt and mix together with a spatula.
3. Add in the lemon and orange zest. Combine all of the cooked vegetables in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon flour and mix with spoon. Mix together with the rest of the cake mixture.
4. Pour into the loaf pan and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes.Test with a toothpick to ensure it is done.
5. After cooling for about 10 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely.
|Sliced and ready to serve|