|Mini bundt cakes are ready for serving|
In this recipe, I have also added diced candied lemon peel to add an extra zippy taste. Be creative when you bake and add or substitute flavors to match what is in your kitchen. I think these would also taste great substituting with orange peel or ginger.
These take only about 20 minutes to put together so keep this recipe on hand for when you need a quick dessert.
190 grams flour
120 grams butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
|Mini cake pan|
100 grams candied lemon peel
50 grams butter milk (add lemon juice to regular milk if buttermilk is not available)
125 grams sugar
1. Prepare the baking pan by lightly coating it with butter. Generously sprinkle flour inside the pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Mix the softened butter with the sugar. Add the eggs in portions and mix with a whisk. Add the buttermilk and mix. Add the flour and mix with a spatula. Add the lemon peel.
4. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 - 30 minutes depending on the size of your pan.
5. After the cake cools, remove from the pan.
|The batter takes about 10 minutes to mix together|
50 grams powdered sugar
Lemon juice or lemon liquor such as Limoncello (1 - 2 tablespoons as needed)
1. Mix the powdered sugar with the liquid. Adjust so that the consistency is not too wet or dry. It should pour on the cakes smoothly but not like water.
2. Put in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for about 6 minutes to harden the icing. Do not overcook.